Capula Summer Internship Programme
We offer full summer internships across our offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo. The internships typically run for ten weeks from early/mid-June to late August, however we can be flexible regarding exact dates. As an intern, you will combine trading and research as a key player in our front office team and learn about the evaluation of financial variables, market conditions, and economic data and trends, leading directly to trading decisions. Additionally, you will work on a project to be presented to senior management towards the end of your internship. We develop our colleagues through coaching and training to help them build long-term careers with us.
During the summer, you will join all other global interns for a one week ‘Intern Orientation Week’ in London. You will receive training on financial markets that will help prepare you with the skills and knowledge to excel in the internship. You will also hear presentations from senior partners and the managers of front office and support teams, giving you the opportunity to network within the organisation and with other interns, and to gain an understanding of how the different functions work together.
We have a multi-year record of offering exceptionally qualified individuals, upon completion of their internship, full-time positions in trading and strategy. Interns who perform especially well during the summer will automatically become candidates for our rotational Capula Analyst Programme (see the “Graduates” page), and may be offered a position at the end of summer or shortly thereafter.
What we look for:
- Students working towards Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degrees in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills accompanied by critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Advanced quantitative skills (mathematics and statistics)
- Experience with programming (e.g. Python/C++) is preferred
- A consistently strong academic record
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in working in a collaborative, dynamic environment
The recruitment process is typically as follows:
- Online application
- HR interview
- Chief of Staff interview
- Quantitative interview with a member of the Quantitative Strategy team
- Final round with a Senior Trader or Portfolio Manager